Application for a Temporary Resident Visa – Checklist

Complete and place this checklist on top of your application

Consult our website for forms and instructions, including a list of countries whose nationals require a temporary resident visa: High Commission of Canada to Pakistan.

Any document not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

Failure to submit all required documentation may result in the refusal of your application or processing delays.

False statements or submission of fraudulent documents will result in immediate refusal and potentially legal action.

Note: the submission of an application with the documents listed above does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. The visa officer may also request additional documents before a decision is taken

You must submit the following items:

Application Form IMM5257, Family Information Form IMM5645, Travel History Form,

Answer every question. If not applicable, write N/A.

Copies of your national identity card

Two Photographs for each applicant. Signed, dated and taken in the past six (6) months. Write the name and birth date of the individual on the back. Applicants who need to give their biometrics do not need to submit paper photographs.

Processing fee – Ensure that you have paid the correct processing fee. If you need to give your biometrics, the $85 CAD biometric fee covers the VAC service charge.

Valid passport from each person requiring a temporary resident visa. Your passport should be valid for at least six (6) months from the date of travel to Canada.

Include all cancelled or expired passports, if applicable. If you are not a citizen of Lebanon, you must provide proof of your present immigration status.

A photocopy of bio data page of each applicant’s passport

For Afghan nationals: a copy of the Tazkara for each applicant

Proof of sufficient funds to cover expenses for the duration of your visit

  • A bank statement covering the last twelve months and showing the balance of the account.
  • Any additional relevant documentation (last 2 pay slips, property titles, proof of pension, investments, etc.)
  • If you are not paying for your own trip, indicate how your trip will be funded. Submit supporting documentation, for example: parents’ bank statements; letter from employer covering costs; spouse’s employment, proof of employment and financial documents for host in Canada* (employment letter, pay slips, T4/Notice of Assessment, bank statements), etc.

Note: Some inviters or hosts may prefer not to provide their personal information directly to the applicant for submission to the Visa Office. In this case, please enclose a note to this effect. Please be advised that this may lead to slower processing in some cases

Copies of Birth Certificates for minor children/Marriage Certificate/ Statutory Declaration of Commonlaw Union [IMM5409] for spouse, as applicable and Family Civil Extract dated less than 3 months.

Explain the purpose of your trip – details of your itinerary in Canada, provisional travel arrangements (airline or hotel booking), letter of invitation from the person or business you will visit, registration at a conference, letter from your employer (as applicable).

If applicable, you must also submit:

A letter from your employer (with firm’s address and phone number) employers indicating your job title, date hired salary, name of supervisor, as well as the period of leave authorized. If you are travelling on business, the letter should also outline the purpose of your trip, and include the names and addresses of the companies you will visit. If you are self-employed, please provide evidence of your business (business registration, license and financial documents etc.).

If you own a company/business, you must provide the following documents (originals):

  • Commercial registration;
  • Tax certificate;
  • Corporate bank statement for at least the last six (6) months; and
  • As much evidence as possible of on-going business and volume of activity. For example, if you own an export/import company, you must provide your license to import/export, shipment invoices or customs clearance documents.

Proof of current studies – an official document confirming your registration as a student at an academic institution.

Schedule 1 – Application for a temporary Resident Visa made Outside of Canada IMM5257 Schedule 1

If you are planning to visit a friend or relative, please provide a letter of invitation.

If a minor is travelling with only one parent, custody documents or notarized permission from the other parent are required. If you or your dependent is the subject of a custody order, proof of sole custody or the other parent’s consent must also be provided.

Parents visiting your children must provide the most recent copy of your child’s Income Tax Notice of Assessment pages 2 and 3 and a T4 information slip.

If someone is assisting you in completing your application or you would like someone to do business with our office on your behalf, completed Use of a Representative [IMM5476].